Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Review | Boscia Black Collection


I received this as a Sephora 500-point perk and was really excited about it! I love the Boscia brand, and a lot of things I've tried by them I've ended up loving.  When I saw that this set came with a cleanser, a mask, and a moisturizer I knew it was a good time to use up some of my points!  I used these three products consectively for a week or so.  After that, my skin wasn't responding the way I wanted it to, so I stopped.  Here are my brief thoughts on each of them... 

1. Detoxifying Black Cleanser - This cleanser was supposed to be a "detox" for your skin.  I was hoping it would get rid of blackheads in a flash, and really clean deep into my pores.  I think this cleanser cleaned TOO deep into my skin, so deep that it actually started making my pores look really rough and enlarged.  It was also very drying, something a cleanser should NOT be.  

2. Luminizing Black Mask - This was a fun little perk in the kit.  I love a good mask!  I also love trying different masks.  This one is a peel off mask, which I'm not a super big fan of, but I went with it anyways.  You must generally apply this in order for it to peel off easily.  When it does peel off, it takes off little tiny peach fuzz hairs, which sort of hurts, but does leave your face SO smooth!  Whatever doesn't peel off, you can wash off with water, but that is harder.  My face was sore afterwards, but I did notice that it look away the look of pores and cleaned my skin.  Woo hoo? No pain, no gain? I'm indifferent.

3. Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel - This was my favorite part of the kit!  I was excited about using a "treatment" that would stay on the skin.  This product actually is black, with tiny sparkles in it.  The sparkles aren't bad, they actually are so tiny I didn't mind the little glow.  The black takes some getting used to, and I actually didn't try this moisturizer during the day because I was afraid it would leave a black tint, ha.  This lotion was very soothing and cooling on the skin.  It sunk in quickly and felt nice on my skin.  It wasn't enough hydration for me since I have dry skin, but I think it would be amazing for someone with oily acne prone skin.  I think the cooling feeling would really sooth irritated skin as well.  If you fit into this category, definitely give it a go! 

I love trying new products! 

Have a good week. :-)
molly

No comments:

Post a Comment