Friday, August 14, 2015

Review | Simple Cleansing Micellar Water


Cleansing water!! That sounds amazing to me.  Simple and easy.  And that is exactly what I had in mind when I purchased this product from a local Walgreens.  I had high hopes, as I've heard bloggers everywhere RAVE about Bioderma and how it is so gentle and removes every trace of dirt, oil, and makeup.  This is the same type of micellar water that Bioderma is, except this is only $7 at the drugstore, whereas Bioderma is a) a few dollars more for a smaller bottle, and b) near impossible to get your hands on.  This Simple Micellar Water was also in the "new" area of walgreens, so I thought it was worth a shot to try, especially since it was 6.7 fl oz.  

I tried this at home the first day I got it, and it removed a lot of my face makeup product.  However, I had to drench my cotton round, and by the time I was done, I felt as if I was basically whisping a makeup saturated cotton round all over my face.  I didn't really feel like I was getting it off.  The second time I used it I decided to use two cotton rounds instead of one.  This worked better for me, but it still wasn't super "easy".  I also didn't think it removed my eye makeup very well.  I refused to scrub hard over my eyes, and thus, gave up, because the sweeping I was doing wasn't getting the job done.  Not cool!

I think this product is great for freshening up after a workout, or mid way through the day if you don't wear a lot of makeup.  I also think its good for a gentle cleanse at the end of your day if you DIDN'T wear any makeup that day.   However, I will be sticking to my Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil to remove my makeup and cleansing my skin with my normal cleanser (which i'm obsessed with, I'll have to update you guys...).  :)

xoxo,
molly

No comments:

Post a Comment