Thursday, July 31, 2014

Product RoundUp | Facial Sprays


So as you can probably see from my posts, I kind of have an obsession with facial sprays.  They have so many uses!  I use them them for toners, for extra hydration, for making makeup last, or as just a pick-me-up during the day when my makeup or skin is feeling a bit... well, blah.  Here are my favorites (actually all of the ones I own, haha) and I'll share with you how I use them. :-)

1. Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray : This is part of the makeup setting spray line by Urban Decay. This one is called "Chill" for the reason that it works along with the temperature to control how your makeup rests on your face.  Strange? Yeah I thought so too.  I'm not so sure it keeps your makeup feeling "chilled" all day, but it is great for cooling and hydrating right when you apply it.  I have skin more on the dryer side, which is why I went for this one over the one designed for oily skin.  I think it's great for keeping your makeup put,  and I will definitely re-purchase. 

2. Caudalie Beauty Elixer : If you love reading other beauty blogs like I do, I'm sure you've heard of this little gem.  I'm not exactly sure what this stuff does, but I just like it.  It is a part-toner, part-serum mist packed with essential oils, and my skin loves it.  I re-purchased it because when I ran out, my skin missed it.  It smells amazing.  I think it's like a little magic potion.  My best friend, Lane, works at Sephora and she was telling me all about it one day.  If you know Lane, ask her what the story is on it. :-)

3. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater : This is probably the most all-purpose of the sprays I own.  You can use it to hydrate your face/skin, you can use it to set your makeup, or your can use it on your dry hair throughout the day.  Out of all those uses, I find it best for adding a bit of hydration into my skincare routine.  It's very refreshing, and it's great for soothing sunburn!  The mister isn't the best, it comes out a little strong, but for the price, I can get over that. 

4. MAC Fix + : I had high, high hopes for this spray.  But, I think it may be breaking me out.  It smells amazing, and feels amazing, but I started developing these little tiny bumps on my forehead and this was the only thing I changed in my routine.  I've stopped using it and they are going away.  Sad day.  But, I love the way it makes my skin feel... so hydrated!  The good news is, it's very good for using on your brushes when you want your eyeshadows more vibrant.  You can dip your brush into the shadow and then spray the Fix + onto the brush, and when you apply it, you have gorgeous color!  

5. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray : You've read about this one before!  Great for making your makeup last.  Spray it before you apply your foundation, spray it after you apply... viola! 

6. Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist : This is the most "age-friendly" out of all the sprays.  Dermalogica is just an awesome skin-care brand all around.  Everything I try by them, I end up loving!  This spray is no exception.  Great for adding hydration and relieving your skin of that "tight-feeling."  I keep this small bottle in my purse.  It's amazing for an afternoon pick-me-up. :-) Plus, it protects against free radicals.  This is my top pick out of all the sprays I own!  

Have you tried any you love? Please share your favorites!!

xoxo, Molly 


2 comments:

  1. I am picking up the Mario Badescu spray on my very next ulta trip! Great recommendation! Definitely going to ask Lane about the Caudalie Beauty Elixer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that little shout out my love! You know I love that Beauty Elixir :)

    ReplyDelete