Thursday, July 3, 2014

June Favorites.



Annnnnnd another month bites the dust.  How is it possible we are halfway through 2014?  I won’t rant any longer, because I could go on and on about it.  Anyways, I’ve found some amazing products this month I want to share with you! J

1. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Softener Enriched-So some quick trivia, Shiseido is a Japanese skincare brand.  In Japan they actually use “softeners” the same way we use toners, but they are more moisturizing.  So I use this in place of my toner during my skincare routine.  It preps my skin for the skincare following, AND it also adds extra moisture into my skin.  It boosts radiance and minimizes dark spots.  My face was noticeably brighter and more “plump” after using it once!  I love that I discovered it this month!

2. Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer-I’m all about finding that “glow” these days.  This primer is a perfect base for your make-up and gives you radiance without being shiny or glittery.  Plus, it has a peach tint so it brightens your face on those days when you need some extra umph! J You can also use it over your foundation as an illuminator or mix it in with your foundation.

3. Clarins UV PLUS HP Multi Protection SPF 40-This is my all time favorite sunscreen.  I’m in the car constantly for work, and I feel the sun just beating down on me.  I always make sure to wear sunscreen on my face and neck, and for you sensitive skin girls this will be perfect.  It’s oil-free but moisturizing.  It comes out white but turns sheer, so it doesn’t give you that ashy look.  It’s a semi-matte finish, so it’s never greasy.  It not only protects you from the sun but also environmental pollution and free radicals.  Yes, just yes.

4. Real Techniques Setting Brush-I’ve been looking for a setting brush that I can use to set my under eye concealer.  I have been using the tapered highlighter brush by Sigma and I like it, but I still think it moves my concealer.  This is perfect because the duo fiber bristles are gentle on my make-up and places the perfect amount of powder I need without looking cakey!

5. Urban Decay Chill MakeUp Setting Spray-My favorite setting spray! I’ve never been a setting spray girl until I used this stuff.  It’s cooling, refreshing, hydrating AND sets your make-up in place all day.  Hello June, July, August AND September fave.

6. Wet N’ Wild Walking On Eggshells Eyeshadow Trio-I picked this baby up when I was at CVS at the beginning of June.  I’ve reached for it constantly.  Amelia Liana mentioned this palette several times, and I knew if she mentioned it, it just HAD to be worth the 2.99 price tag.  HOLY MOLY, these colors are so creamy and so pigmented.  I still can’t believe it is Wet N’ Wild.  I am so impressed, and I love this little eyeshadow palette.  I wonder if the other palettes are as good?

7. Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Brightening Cleansing Cloths-Cleansing cloths that smell like sweet oranges and get that make-up off? I’m sold.  I don’t use these every night—I stick to a cleansing oil to remove my make-up, but they are perfect for freshening up or to use in the morning.  A lot of times when I get home from work I’ll use these to remove my make up, but then go about my day and wait until the nighttime to do my whole skincare routine.  They are pricy… but I can’t help it. I love them. J


8. Peter Thomas Roth Skinstant Mask Magic-I picked this up from Sephora about three weeks ago.  These masks do not disappoint!  The pumpkin enzyme mask has never made my skin feel smoother, and it smells just like pumpkin pie.  Some may compare this to the Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask, but I’m here to tell you that I like this one much better! The cucumber mask is perfect for soothing your skin.  I use it after the pumpkin mask to really hydrate my skin!  Also, it’s a savior when you work out and your face is red for like an hour afterward… yeah.  I’ve also heard it’s amazing for sunburn, but thankfully I haven’t had that problem this summer! (Wear that SPF ladies…)The rose mask smells amazing, and I use it as an overnight mask/moisturizer.  The next morning I wake up and my skin is so much brighter!  The tubs are a great size that will last a good while.

Here's to hoping everyone has a fabulous July 4th! :-)

xoxo, Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment