Monday, April 6, 2015

Whats In My MakeUp Kit? | MakeUp By Molly!

So, confession... I'm that super curious girl that wants to know what kind of products are in someones drawers, or bathroom cabinets -  Creepy, right?! Recently, I've enjoyed doing makeup for different women for various occasions.  I've made a specialized kit of my own, and today I'm sharing with you other curious people what is inside!  This is the makeup that I feel looks AWESOME on everyone, and better yet I feel that the products I've chosen cater to people of all skin tones, types, and looks.  I feel comfortable going to someone with this kit and saying "Ok, I have what you'd like your makeup to look like. Let's do it."

My makeup kit doesn't include my brushes - as those are their own special entity. :) But it does include everything else - from foundations, to setting sprays, to post-it notes. Yep, you read that right!  There's organization to my kit, but not to this post.  I'm just going to mention some of the high lights in my kit.  


I have several foundations that I adore for special occasions - Luminous Silk by Giorgio Armani, Nars Sheer Glow, MUFE HD Foundation, and Laura Mercier Silk Creme.

My lip products range from matte to glossy - nudes, pinks, reds.  I always keep some vaseline with me to prep the lips before anything! That way, it provides a moisturized, smoothed canvas for lipstick to be applied at the end. I keep disposable doe foot applicators handy to dip into glosses to keep things sanitized!


I keep highlighting concealers, and high coverage concealers handy.  I like to keep high coverage ones in case there is need, but they are also easy to thin out if someone doesn't like full coverage concealers, or simply doesn't need a full coverage one!  This one by Urban Decay "Naked" is amazing because its weightless and so easy to blend out, but it still provides full coverage.  

My Milani brow fix kit is the only drugstore product I keep in my kit (besides the tools, like the applicators and the eyelash curler).  The Milani kit has a blonde color as well as a brunette color.  I love a good drugstore product, but I'm also skeptical to include a lot of those products in my kit because I know the importance of using high quality ingredients - especially when I do others makeup.  You never know who could have an allergic reaction, so I tend to use higher end products on others. 


Ardell individual lashes give me lifeeee. Dramatic, but true. They are so handy, and so easy to apply!  
I always keep extra spoolies, cotton rounds, and q-tips just for mess ups.  Any type of makeup remover is always a good idea, too.  I have this one from Clarins right now.  I can apply it to my q-tips to perfect any eyeliner mess ups, or I can use it to clean up any eye shadow fall out. It also serves as a cleanser/refresher which is great to sweep across the face when I'm beginning!  

One of the most handy tricks I've ever learned comes from Amelia Liana, also one of my most favorite beauty bloggers.  I use post-it notes on the edge of my eyelids to minimize eye shadow fall out and to create a clean line.  It also makes applying a smokey eye or liquid eyeliner a breeze.  Let me know in the comments below if you'd like to see me go more in depth on how I use my post-it notes!


Foil packet samples are another handy item I carry in my kit.  I make a lot of online orders through Sephora - and for those of you who don't know, they include 3 samples with every order!  Sometimes I use the samples, sometimes I keep them in my bathroom for guests to use, and sometimes I grab a few to keep in my kit.  They are just really convenient to carry around, and they are the perfect size to use on others.  Right now, I have some mattifying primers that I'm using on my oily skinned clients.  Those primers are great for them, but I have no use for them!  So in my kit they go. 

The last, but certainly not least honorable mention is a good setting spray.  This one, (hidden beneath the shadows in the picture) is one of my favorites - the All Nighter Setting Spray by Urban Decay.  You don't need a lot of this product for it to do it's job.  I finish up every look with one spray pump of this - and somehow the magical ingredients in this little bottle GLUE your makeup on.  For oilier skin girls, I prime the skin with it before I apply foundation to really lock everything into place.   

I hope you guys enjoyed peeking into my makeup kit!  I'd love to do your makeup or someone's that you know.  You can check out my page here for more information. Talk to you soon. :-)

xoxo, Molly

1 comment: